Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Ninong = Godfather

so on sunday, i became a ninong. my cousin chose me to become the godfather of Joseph Christopher Vilardo, her 7 month old son. I feel very honored.

Brunch at the Irish Inn (maryland)
Before the baptism, we got brunch at an Irish restaurant with the Irish half of the family.
i had a salad as my appitizer, shepherds pie as my entree and Guinness coffee ice cream for dessert. My dad got the Donegal Omelet (an omelet stuffed with cheddar and shepherds pie). my mom got the fish and chips which had Guinness in the batter.

My shephers pie was great. Ive only had shepherds pie only a few times but this is the best ive had so far. The fish and chips was good but i couldnt taste the guinness in the fish's coating. The guinness coffee ice cream was interesting and delicious.
lol irish people just love their guinness.

Baptism
so we ended brunch at 12:50 and the baptism appointment with the priest was at 1. it takes about 10 minutes to get there, so we had no room for error. The plan was my cousin would drive there and my dad would just tag along. The plan went good until we got cut off by the red light and my cousins car just disappeared into the distance. I asked my dad to call her but he only had her house number. at this time i knew we were fucked. we drove straight hoping to see a church, we found a couple random ones but we didnt see our cousins navy car parked outside. I told my mom i should call carmen to google the number for me but she said "no thats useless." after another 5 minutes of driving around to nowhere i called carmen and in less than a minute she found the number.
i was afraid of missing the baptism because dressing up would of been useless. Finally at 1:25 we pulled up to the church and caught the last 10 minutes.

my godson
Photobucket
Photobucket

my nephew/ my godson's brother
thats only half of his car collection. lol

Photobucket

song of the day
Speaking of godson, since nas is coming to hunter next friday and one of his albums called God's Son, i decided to choose the first track off that album, get down.
dope song with a little james brown flava. r.i.p.


laters,
-J.P.

4 comments:

  1. JP, THOSE BABIES ARE SO. SO. SO CUTE. Also, this post made me really hungry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. awwwww hes heart breaker! he looks super mixed and i cant even place a random nationality on him. u c u can always count on me for quick up to date info. i'm like a news channel but in human form. i miss you sooooooo much! cant wait to c u tomorrow! :) <333333

    ReplyDelete