Sunday, May 31, 2009

APC jeans first wash

so it has been about a year since i got my APC jeans. I didnt really start wearing them until the beginning of the school year in september. overall i prolly been wearing these for about a total of 8 months straight, (excluding prolly 20 days when i wore other pants/ shorts)

even though i bought a few pairs of jeans and have more at home, i couldnt stop wearing these. after a few weeks of wearing them, they broke in and became really comfortable. if you seen me within the past 8 months, most likely i was wearing these. i was going to go for a year without washing these but i think 8 months was long enough.

I didnt wash them for 8 months not because im disgusting, unsantitary or lazy, i did it because the more i wear them, the better the fades will be, especially in parts where there is more stress. if i were to wash them very often, the indigo would just fade evenly, making the jeans lighter and the fades less visible which defeats the purpose of purchasing raw denim.

originally they looked like this- really dark and just plain raw denim.
(pic not taken by me, from apc website)


i dont have any pre-wash pics.
this is how they look after i washed them.
Front

zoomed


Back
zoomed

overall im happy with the results. i just dont like all the small little holes developing. i gotta go to a tailor to get those fixed before they get worse.

Prolly gonna get another pair of raw denim once it gets cold again.

laters,
-J.P.

6 comments:

  1. my favorite part..."I didnt wash them for 8 months not because im disgusting, unsantitary or lazy" no need to try to cover the evidence. i kinda feel a little dirty now..

    ReplyDelete
  2. yup, cosign to carmen,
    that was the funniest line lol
    good read, i am a regular on this page. keep up the good work, me and my friends talk about your blog all the time and boy are you funny, you sir, deserve a grammy for such an outstanding blogger.
    have a nice day now

    -My Dee Mae Yo

    ReplyDelete
  3. scared? b almost all the denim in that store is shrink to fit!

    don't be afraid of the shrinkage, just read about it on the forums. u got the evisu's right?

    im loving the fit right now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i've got a pair of APC new standards that i've had since christmas, 08, and have actually worn for probably 6 months. i dont know if i should wash them yet, but i really hope they turn out as nice as yours

    ReplyDelete
  5. How did you wash them?
    Did you just put them in a washing machine?

    I've done maybe 3 soaks with my NS's and they still haven't faded...
    I love your fades, please tell me how you did it haha

    ReplyDelete