Thursday, October 14, 2010

Hold You Down

About a week ago, a beat came to my head.

The problem was i didnt know where the beat was from, who produced it or who was featured on it. I knew it wasnt recent but i also knew that it wasnt that old. I narrowed it down to 1999-2005 lol if that helps.

I could hum part of it and somewhat beatbox it. I knew it featured a sample of a short phrase, i knew the sound but forgot what it was actually saying. I tried humming it to a few friends, they had an idea of what i was talking about but didnt know either. I kept getting kanye west as an answer. Or maybe a Dipset song?

It would of been even worse if I forgot the mysterious beat that was stuck in my head so I decided to record my beatboxing on my phone.

I thought maybe its a song on my ipod I havent heard in a while but after hours of listening for a few days, i still havent found it.

Finally, while making my sculpture for art class i randomly decided to look up some tracks by Alchemist. I dont know why but it just came to me. and I FOUND IT!!!!!

im glad i found it and im laughing now but its crazy and frustrating when you think too hard about things, it clutters your mind even more, burying the idea youre trying to get from the archives of your memory even deeper. Then when youre mind is relaxed, it randomly just comes to you. wtf??? lol silly long-term memory.

Anyways the song is hold you down by alchemist from 2004.
here's the instrumental. I like the production more than the actual song. dope beat, lyrics.........ehhhhhhh


Here's the original video
i think this maybe the only time a rap music video was recorded in a Korean BBQ restaurant. hahaha




Laters,
-J.P.

No comments:

Post a Comment