Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Spontaneous unintentional matchmaking at Di Fara's

So on the way home today, i woke up a few stops from Avenue J and decided to randomly get some Di Fara's on my own.

Anyways I need to treat myself. Due to the abundance of the millions of fast food monopolies and their deals, food trucks and processed food, I always found it difficult to eat healthy on a budget and at the same time taste good. Lately I been buying a bag of baby carrots ($1.25) two banana's ($0.25) each and diced pineapple, cantaloupe watermelon and honey dew in a bowl ($2.00) All that for $3.75, a lot cheaper than a $5.00 gyro from the greek truck and also a lot healthier and just as filling.

back to the di fara's story
So i get there at 5:45, first one on line, as usual, for the 6:00 reopening for dinner service. Today i decided to just go solo and get a pepperoni square slice. $6.00 may seem a lot for a pepperoni slice but if you never had di fara's then you just dont understand.

while online, im always meeting people from all over the world, regulars and newcomers, sharing stories to kill time while we wait for pizza.

I called ling and he happend to be on the way home and i told him to get off Avenue J to share a pie with me so I didnt have to wait for a slice which usually takes longer. (they usually sell pies first to serve more customers then just one slice serving one customer)

Later on i met this girl standing on line behind me and she talked about how it was her second time and the first time was amazing. She told me she only wanted two slices and told her to collaborate with me for a portion of the pie. Then i started talking about how i usually gather a few of the "slice buyers" and we all just chip in to get a pie to save time and also save money.

Pepperoni Square slice = $6.00
Square Pepperoni pie (8 slices)= $33.00 about $4.00 a slice.

After talked about collaborating, some random guy, also going solo decided to ask if he can join. This made things better cuz now 4 people can split a 8 slice pie evenly.

While waiting for the pizza, the guy and girl that joined us on the pie started talking and getting to know each other. I looked at ling, optimistically thinking that I unintentionally created a couple. They were both white, from out of town and moved to NYC a few months ago, in their mid 20's. They started talking about cheesy things like favorite movie and etc.

After 15 minutes, we get our pie and sit down. The girl said shes just gonna eat it at home and grabs a pizza box, gets her share, says goodbye and was out. Dayumn, they didnt work out.

In my mind i was thinking of how great it would of been if they exchanged numbers, dated and eventually getting married all because of me and Di Fara's pizza. That would of been one great "how we met" story, all thanks to J.P.

Video of the day
I been slackin of my video and song of the day segments, as if it matters but yeah. Here's todays. I found this a couple months ago and its one of the only di fara's youtube video i like.


laters,
-J.P.

No comments:

Post a Comment